Shumway, N., D. Lunney, L. Seabrook, and C. McAlpine. 2015. Saving our national icon: An ecological analysis of the 2011 Australian Senate inquiry into status of the koala. Environmental Science & Policy 54:297-303.
• Public submissions to the Australian Senate inquiry into the status of the koala were reviewed.
• Three concerns stood out: habitat clearing, ineffective policies, and infrastructure development.
• Results were compared to Senate Inquiry report and its recommendations.
• Results suggest the Senate report recommendations were inaccurate and spatially bias.
• Key implications for species conservation policy discussed in conclusions.
Download a PDF copy of the paper
Read the paper online